Announcement: Want to uplift your past hurts quicker? Learn how to let go and create an enjoyable life with the new Naturally High Life Course!
“There are moments when I wish i could roll back the clock and take all the sadness away, but I have a feeling that if I did, the joy would be gone as well. So i take the memories as they come, accepting them all, letting them guide me whenever i can.” ― Nicholas Sparks
Reduce Stress, Be Happy
Anything taken too much is bad for the health. A little stress is actually good, as it could serve to help you function at your best.
However, stress that seems a little too much could take a physical, as well as mental, toll to your body. Stress management should be managed in order for depression or anxiety to be prevented. So how should you do it then? The following are tips and advice to help manage stress.
Write it out, Schedule it out
- It is best to write down everything that seems overwhelming.
- You will find a to-do-list much easier to manage than having errands all crumpled up in your head.
- Writing down the tasks, and putting a specific schedule and time to do them, helps anyone manage activities one chunk at a time.
- Crossing out an activity that has already been accomplished is very rewarding and could actually help you feel more relaxed when doing the other tasks at hand.
One at a time works
Focus and put all your attention specifically on one task at one time. It does not help to feel panicky about the other undone or to-do tasks. Thinking about them only adds unnecessary stress and could even hamper in doing the task you are attempting to accomplish at present.
Relax and take it slow
At least, try not to expend too much energy on activities that are currently not priorities. This is in order for your energy to be not easily expended on the tasks that are not that important, at least for now.
Delegate, delegate, delegate
You need not do everything all at once, and you need not do everything on your own. Ask for help, get help, or pay for help. When there is a feeling of being overwhelmed that is cropping up, hire someone to mow the lawn or get a sitter for your children.
The feeling of being pressed to finish something on time will somehow be eliminated if tasks are delegated. It takes a load off unnecessary worry and anxiety. Moreover, it is easier checking up on how things are, than worrying yourself sick doing everything on your own, all at once.
Give yourself a reward
You deserve it. Acknowledging your accomplishments, no matter how big or small, is an effort that is necessary before getting on to the next tasks and activities. It brings stress relief and could even make you happier in doing the next task.
Give yourself a break
- You need it to be more productive.
- A ten to fifteen minute break during your work is necessary.
- Go visit a café nearby, take a quick brisk walk, or do anything to put your mind off work, at least for a while.
- This is necessary to refresh and recharge.
- Believe it or not, you can also stay in your work and sit with your eyes closed as you visualize a peaceful landscape or a relaxing scene.
- This frees the stress from your muscles and your mind.
Relax and be cool. Enjoy all the stress relief you can. Doing so makes you healthier, happier, and a lot more productive.
Feel compelled to share your thoughts with us. Let us know.
To share your personal story of struggle or triumph share your stories with us.
Manifest Self love quickly with these 15 Truths. From my 27 page book on self love.