“I began by tinkering around with some old tunes I knew. Then, just to try something different, I set to putting some music to the rhythm that I used in jerking ice-cream sodas at the Poodle Dog. I fooled around with the tune more and more until at last, lo and behold, I had completed my first piece of finished music. ” — Duke Ellington
There are real challenges that come before us at times. It’s at the time when we want to birth a new project, release something new, enhance creativity or be more creative that blockages seem to at times get in the way leaving us dry feeling and uninspired to create in the way we innately know that we can. Creativity can be cultivated thankfully!
Let’s go over some random creative blocks that can potentially happen. Next we’ll go over how to clear any creative blockages for good for fresh new ideas to cascade through effortlessly. Then watch as an ongoing flow of creations comes through you.Creative energy is like gold, since the one who can harness it can expect to connect with the immediate potential to increase prosperity, confidence, pretty fun gorgeous art, even artsy works of any kind wanted. There can also be well-being and so much more for all who desire it. First here are the blocks which can hinder creative efforts:
1. Lack of time. This is not as major as you may think. Linking thoughts and ideas only takes seconds. It can happen anytime, anywhere. Provided you are feeling good and know how to tune in then share your personal experience.
Creativity in my opinion is more about the commitment of time you adhere to and being receptive each day to receive from within you and also from your surroundings.
2. Fear of being judged. When I worked for a national media company, we had brainstorming sessions where it was evident that folks were often afraid of expressing their ideas. Creativity results in unusual ideas and perhaps even being different in some way. They can be thought of as strange, odd or challenging. Fear of being considered weird, stupid or just different often kills creativity. If we fear people thinking any of those things about us, We can safely say that we would not place much effort into getting out of bed in the mornings. Now that I’ve grown older, way older than I was I don’t mind what people think so much that I am. Infact I may be all of those things they think I am!! I must admit that it does take practice with awareness to get away from thinking about what people think about your personal output. One of my favorite sayings everyday is: I digress.. I say this when I find myself focusing on things that I cannot change really or when I place too much energy into an area where I don’t have to, these two words help to keep me moving along in the present with an added laugh too.
“There is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost.” — Martha Graham
3. Lack of self-esteem. When you do something creative, you go beyond the bounds of what has been safe and familiar in the past. You also go well beyond your comfort zone plus others zones of comfort naturally. However, when you are not sure about yourself, lacking in confidence on what to do to begin or to start then being different in anyway can feel risky or feel way off beat. The danger here is that you give up your new insight to just fit in with the status quo while abandoning your hearts desire.
4. Fear of failure. This inhibits us. If you are making a new connection in your brain there can be no inherent “right” or “wrong” about it. Failure can only have two meanings really: First, maybe what you thought of didn’t quite work the way you wanted it to. Second, someone else did not like it. So what… the goal is to support yourself. Self confidence reigns here. You can do it. Creativity is not just reserved for geniuses. Einstein was brilliant but he is not necessarily the best model of creativity for everyone. Specialist expertise skills aren’t needed to be creative. The fruits of your creativity may manifest in several ways, be open to allow ideas to fold in continuously.
5. Fear of Dreaming. If at any time you doubt your ability to be creative, remind yourself that several times every night you create with an entirely new dream, which you script with your imagination, in mind. You dream in the day and at night whether you recall or not where you act and witness a lot, which involves all your senses and has effects that can last long after they are over. This creation is so very effortless most people don’t even recognise it.
Creativity is free, loose, fun, open, effortless and spontaneous. Allow yourself to imagine the possibilities of what you can creative within your life. Make sure you have fun as you do more of what you love~
I’d love to hear about what you’re over there imagining, creating and doing which has you all inspired about the moment. Leave your comments below and peace and blessings to you.